Are you needing an adaptable house for your lifestyle and future?
Complete Design & Drafting are fully accredited LHA (Livable Housing Australia) Assessors, and are here to help you design and certify your current or future home for a lifetime of living. As LHA Assessors, we ensure the design of your home is easier to access, navigate and live in, as well as more cost effective to adapt when life’s circumstances change.
What is livable housing design?
A home that has a livable design incorporates specific easy living features that aim to make a home easier and safer to live in for all occupants including people with disability, ageing Australians, people with temporary injuries and families with young children.
A ‘livable home’ design is:
- Easy to enter and exit
- Easy to move around in
- Capable of easy and cost effective adaptation
- Respond to the changing needs of home occupants
Who livable housing Australia benefits:
- Families with young children as it makes it easier to manoeuvre prams and strollers and remove trip hazards for toddlers. Moving furniture into and around a livable home is easy with wider doors and corridors.
- People who sustain temporary injuries benefit from livable homes due to the easy to operate door handles and the step free pathway to all key areas of the home.
- Ageing baby boomers who are looking to move or renovate their existing homes will benefit from Livable Homes. As their physical abilities change with age, this growing segment of the Australian property market will appreciate the simple changes to design that make their lives easier and safer. Visiting children and grand children will also be safer in their livable home.
- People with a disability and their families will benefit from livable homes that enable them to take advantage of better housing choices and gives them the opportunity to visit the homes of friends and relatives.
Read more about livable housing Australia.
REQUEST A QUOTE
We use Complete Design & Drafting’s services for all of our new home and renovation building work. Jim has developed designs for duplexes, new builds and renovations that we have then executed. We appreciate Jim’s professional approach and his understanding of not only our clients’ needs, but his ability to produce plans that are functional and practical. Complete Design & Drafting also offer the added service of liaising with engineers and certifiers which from a builders’ perspective, helps streamline the process.
Jay Atkins, Owner/Director/Builder – Jay Atkins Constructions